Region’s largest trucking show attracts huge convoy to Moncton Coliseum Complex
A huge convoy of visitors and exhibitors converged at the Moncton Coliseum Complex over the weekend for Atlantic Canada’s largest trucking show. Presented by the Atlantic Provinces Trucking Association, the 2017 edition of the Atlantic Truck Show welcomed 12,125 visitors, June 9-10.
“The show floor was filled with qualified buyers and exhibitors reported strong sales,” said National Show Manager Mark Cusack. “The show is an ideal environment for networking that allows customers to form valuable connections with industry leaders. And on top of all the business activity, there was also the usual high volume of truck enthusiasts of all ages and their families.”
Special features from this year’s edition included:
- Women in Trucking’s 2nd annual Canadian Salute to Women Behind the Wheel, a celebration to recognize female truck drivers for their service.
- Plaid for Dad – Presented in partnership with Prostate Cancer Canada, show exhibitors dressed in plaid to help raise awareness for prostate cancer.
- A McFlurry Truck parked onsite near the outdoor exhibit area kept attendees refreshed, giving away free ice cream.
- Several special trucks were displayed at the show, including antique trucks from the 1940s and 1950s, along with Western Star’s Big Red, one of the most advanced heavy haul units on the road today, courtesy of Nova Truck Centres.
- The second biennial Innovative Product Awards were presented at the APTA Shifting Gears Breakfast, recognizing innovative products in the trucking industry.
- Recruiting Here, a program connecting job seekers with companies that are looking to hire new employees.
- Ride & Drive, proved to be a welcome opportunity for visitors to test drive brand new trucks from participating manufacturers.
- A variety of exclusive promotions and show specials were offered by exhibitors.
The next edition of the Atlantic Truck Show will take place in 2019
Atlantic Provinces Trucking Association
I am pleased to welcome everyone to the 2017 Atlantic Truck Show, the leading trucking event in Atlantic Canada; a comprehensive forum of industry products that attracts people from all over Eastern Canada and puts them face to face with industry specialists. The Atlantic Truck Show is a great place to meet suppliers from the trucking industry that put in a great deal of work to bring their latest products at this one stop market place event. I especially want to thank Master Promotions, the Associated Trades Council and the APTA office staff for working together in putting on such a great event for our industry. Thank you for your continued support and enjoy the show!
Jean-Marc Picard Executive Director, APTA
- June 07, 2017 Atlantic Canada’s only national truck show rolls into Moncton Coliseum Complex this week
- May 11, 2017 Moncton Set to Host Atlantic Canada's Only National Truck Show Next Month
- March 01, 2017 Region's Largest Trucking Show Returns to Moncton in June; Pre-Registration Now Taking Place
- June 13, 2016 Driving Business: Major Trucking Event Returning to Moncton Next Spring